Saturday, March 23, 2013

Salutes to Jordan Brand


I want to take this post to give props to Jordan Brand for a change. I am one of JBs harshest critics. I hate the annual price raises retros while quality continues to decline. I hate that some of the greatest shoe silhouettes ever are bastardized by fucked up non-OG colorways and idiots licking the shoes and posting pictures on Instagram. A lot of the things I've come to hate about the current state of sneaker culture are tied directly to Jordans. It's a bummer that the greatest and most influential force in the history of sneakers has become a symbol for a lot of the bullshit in the sneaker world.
With that said, I sincerely applaud Jordan Brand for restocking/re-releasing the Black/Red XIs this weekend. I appreciate them for trying to supply the demand and doing right by the sneaker community and Michael Jordan fans in general. Even though resellers surely snatched up a high percentage of this new stock, this still lowers the prices on the secondary market. I would think that any sneakerhead that wanted a pair or two got what they needed to get at a fair price.

I know the only reason JB did this restock is because it made them even more money. However, it's rare that a Jordan Brand money grab results in something that appeases the sneaker community. In this case, everyone wins. Hats off to JB for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment