Monday, July 9, 2012

Sneaker Rant Vol. 1

"Sneaker Rant" is a weekly post where I share opinions quick-fire style on anything sneaker related I feel like speaking on.



    The Jordan VI/VII "Golden Moments" pack is looking pretty nice. Jordan Brand will always kill it in terms of packaging/presentation. The US flag dust bags are dope. We'll see how the shoes come out quality-wise. I'm usually pretty skeptical when it comes to Jordan retros, but since these will have a price tag of $350, I think we can expect above average quality on these. These are scheduled to drop Aug. 18th.


"I ain't trying to stunt man, but these Yeezys jumped over the Jumpman"

     The sneaker world went wild when Kanye West spit the lyric above at the BET Awards. Countless sneaker blogs have chimed in on the subject, and so will I. I doubt Kanye even believes that line, given that his shoes have been heavily influenced by Js. He did that shit to get everybody talking and it worked, so Kanye won. I've also noticed a lot of sneakerheads getting defensive and upset, saying that 'Ye disrespected Jordan. I don't get why people get offended about someone dissing Jordan Brand when they disrespect sneakerheads weekly by putting out plastic leather kicks covered in glue stains for $160 retail.


Air Max 96+ Evolve

     I fucks with this shoe. I've always been a huge fan of the Air Max 96. It's a very under appreciated shoe since is dropped between two classics, the Air Max 95 and 97. For whatever reason, I can't tolerate when brands mess with basketball classics but I don't mind when they apply modern tech to runners. Would I love to see the original 96 come back? Of course, but I'll be happy with these in the meantime.


Nike Air Max Pillar

     Pillars were the shit to me back in '98. I'm really happy that Nike brought these back, but I can't fuck with that $180 price tag. These drop this weekend, but I wouldn't recommend copping them yet if you can wait. These should hit the sale rack/outlets fairly quickly, then you can come up on a classic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment