Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sneaker Rant Vol. 3


Jordan VI/VII "Golden Moments Pack"

The Jordan "Golden Moments Pack" is dropping this Saturday, and much to the dismay of the sneaker community, most retail locations are holding raffles for this pack. Footlocker, Finishline, etc., have all sited "safety" as the reason for holding online raffles. Most collectors prefer to control their own fate with a first come first serve system/campouts. I personally am too old and my time is to valuable to be camping out for kicks.

I know that people are upset because they believe that these raffles will be rigged...BOO-FUCKING-HOO! If you fuckers knew how to act/police yourselves at these line ups/camp outs we wouldn't be in this situation. I know that the people that wild out, throw bottles, start fights, bum rush lines, and generally fuck shit up do not truly represent the sneaker culture. However, when we don't do shit about this behavior, we tacitly condone it. In the future, we have to protect our image because the Concord and Galaxy drops made the culture look foolish.

I like this pack and think the price point is reasonable, but I wouldn't go out of my way to cop because I'm really down on Jordans right now. They represent a lot of what's gone wrong with the culture and the shit bums me out.

If I happened to hit on a raffle or online, I'd at least cop as a trade chip. If the quality is on point (doubtful), I would consider keeping them.
Nike Air Max Hyperposite

Also dropping on Saturday is the Nike Air Max Hyperposite. I'm still not sure how I feel about this shoe. I am a technology nerd when it comes to kicks, so the idea of a foamposite/hyperfuse/air max combo is dope to me. I'm not crazy about the pattern, however. This is a shoe that I could see myself liking better in person than in pictures.

I will not be copping this shoe because of the $220 price point. I have to LOVE a shoe to shell out that kind of cash. I wouldn't rush to cop these because I think they'll sit. Maybe people who miss out on the GMP Js will cop these as a consolation prize, but I doubt it. These strike me as a shoe you can get on sale, so if you're thinking about copping and you have some patience, wait these out.


The LeBron X is looking very nice so far. It's very similar to the LeBron 8 V2, but with more advanced tech specs. This shoe has the first ever fully visible zoom air unit. Not only is this without precedent, but the shit looks DOPE. The reverse swoosh is another distinctive touch that is rarely seen on Nike product. By no means do I think this is a classic silhouette, but I do think some good colorways can spawn a classic or two in the LeBron X line.

That's all I've got for this rant. Thanks for reading. I truly appreciate the support. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment